Attendee Roundtable Discussions
DAY 1 | Monday, December 3, 2018
5:45 – 6:45 pm
Attendee Roundtable Discussions
Join AI World speakers and moderators in lively table topic discussions covering a variety of critical AI business and technology topics. An informal, small group format allows participants to meet potential collaborators, share examples from their own work, vet ideas with peers, and be part of a group problem-solving endeavor.
TABLE 1: AI and Cybersecurity
Oleh Plakhtiy, Project Manager, deepsense.ai
- Cybersecurity is no joke, yet many underestimate the threat. Do you know what’s at stake at your organization?
- Many have started using machine learning and deep learning to bolster their cybersecurity, but some say it’s just a buzz word. Would you feel safer with an AI-driven solution?
- AI has already proven effective in some areas of cybersecurity. Where should our focus be? What success stories would you like to share?
TABLE 2: AI in Canada
Ramneet Sran, Consul and Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada
- Why is Canada considered central to the story of AI?
- How is the Canadian government enabling future AI research?
- In what ways can enterprises work with Canada to accelerate AI usage and adoption?
TABLE 3: AI Startups: Follow the Money
Steve Ardire, Startup Advisor & Merchant of Light
- Why AI-powered data-first startups will disrupt nearly every industry
- How enterprises can successfully work with startups to accelerate innovation
- Startups impacting the future of work with augmented intelligence
TABLE 4: Building and Engaging Professional Communities with AI
Yu-Feng Wei, Vizuro LLC
- Leveraging AI to improve communities and participant engagement
- Building trust and facilitating transactions through AI
- Viral member acquisition
- Precision communication, marketing and matchmaking
TABLE 5: Business Value of AI - Building a Successful Business Case using AI
TABLE 6: Challenges and Rewards of Implementing Digital and AI in Complex Organizations
Natalija Jovanovic, PhD, Head Digital Catalyst, Sanofi
- Making employees, customers and partners the focus of digital transformation, not an afterthought
- Bringing stakeholders on our digital journeys in a gradual but well-paced way
- Best practices across a variety of situations
TABLE 7: Emerging Business Models for AI within Healthcare
Albine Martin, PhD, Entrepreneur-In-Residence, Johns Hopkins University
- Case studies: Success and failures
- Partnership model: The leaders and followers
- Roadmap: Todays white paper
TABLE 8: Enterprise Data Analytics
Henry Morris, PhD, former Senior Vice President, Software and Services
- Research, IDC; Consultant, Analytics, Henry Morris Analytics
- Can you get analytics benefits without Big Data?
- How do you acquire and prepare the data?
- Where do you acquire or rent the expertise?
TABLE 9: How Can AI Enhance Your Pharmaceutical Clinical Projects?
Hyunjin (Gene) Shin, PhD, Senior Scientist, Translational Bioinformatics/Computational Biology Group, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- AI for imaging analysis: Current status and future direction
- Unstructured text and real-world evidence data: Using AI to capture features to improve machine learning performance
- AI for digital trials data
- AI for integrating different types of data
- Addressing interpretability and reproducibility issues for AI’s clinical usages
TABLE 10: Leveraging AI in Real Time IoT
Said Tabet, Lead Technologist for IoT Strategy and OMG Board Member, DellEMC
TABLE 11: Removing Bias in Data and Algorithmic Models
Daniel Kirsch, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Hurwitz & Associates LLC
TABLE 12: RPA & AI-powered Intelligent Automation
Kashyap Kompella, CEO, RPA2ai
- How to select the right RPA technology
- Scaling RPA: what no one tells you
- BYOB: Bring your Own Bot
- Giving RPA/AI superpowers to your employees
TABLE 13: State of AI and Robotics
Parna Sarkar-Basu, Owner, Brand and Buzz Marketing
- Lessons learned from Rethink Robotics closing its doors
- How do we educate the masses that AI and robots won’t replace humans?
- Three reasons why ease-of-use is vital to increasing the adoption of cobots
TABLE 14: Succeeding with AI System Integrators
Scot Whigham, CEO, Function (AI)
- AI: A single source platform or collection of tools?
- AI Ecosystem Framework: what does an AI-based digital employee look like?
- How will your AI-based digital employee leverage your current tools?
- How do you map out AI use cases for your company?
TABLE 15: Will Physicians Actually use AI? How to Get Their Buy In
Douglas Krakower, MD, Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Operational, professional and ethical concerns that could impede integration of AI
- Physicians might be most motivated to adopt AI when they see it as complementing and improving their own practices and patient outcomes, and not replacing physicians
- Integrating physicians into the development, testing, and implementation of AI interventions is likely to maximize their acceptability, adoption, and impact in health care
TABLE 16: Digital Innovation Adoption Dynamics in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industries
Eduardo Cornejo, ITS Digital Innovation Market Lead, Sanofi
- FDA oversight of innovation Liabilities
- Company culture and regulations
- Competitive Business case