Staying competitive in the rapidly accelerating business world requires executives and companies to move towards digital transformation. However, the challenge is that people heavy processes slows that down. Simply automating manual processes or using
machines to shuffle documents around hasn’t really changed anything.
AI and Machine learning, powered by big data, advancements in computing, and the development of deep learning algorithms promise to change all of that and break the digital transformation logjam. This enables companies to gain intelligence from
their information, augment operations with intelligent systems that can-do things that formerly only people could do, and provide deep prediction, pattern, anomaly, recognition, goal-seeking, and personalization capabilities that have previously been
In this three-hour high-powered, high-value, and fast-paced workshop, we’ll dive deep into the seven core patterns driving AI investment and adoption in the enterprise. We’ll look at real-world use cases and practical applications that
are delivering breakthrough results for organizations that leverage the power of AI. We’ll look at how large companies such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Amazon, and many others are investing in AI, and turning themselves
into AI-first organizations as a result. We’ll focus on the AI-enabled vision of the future and how it will change the way we work, live, play, and interact. We will spend time with each other, diving into the practicalities of AI that will
impact you and your organization today.
What attendees will learn:
- How AI is helping break the digital transformation logjam
- What are the seven patterns of AI, and how can they be applied to speed development and ROI of AI projects?
- Specific use cases of how AI is transforming industries and organizations
- How organizations of all sizes can build expertise and be part of this transformative wave
Managing Partner, Principal Analyst, Cognilytica
Managing Partner, Principal Analyst, Cognilytica
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23
7:30 am Registration Open
8:00 Continental Breakfast (Harborview Foyer)
9:00 – 12:00 pm AI World Executive Summit
12:00 Enjoy Lunch on Your Own
1:15 Applying the Seven Patterns of AI to Break the Digital Transformation Logjam
Organizations of all types want to incorporate AI, machine learning, and cognitive technologies into their operations and processes to augment human workers, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and achieve the goals of more intelligent systems. There
are many ways in which AI is being applied - from chatbots, image recognition, sentiment analysis, predictive analytics, speech and text applications, and many more. Despite all these different applications, we have observed that there are only seven
different patterns in which AI is being implemented. The seven patterns are Hypersonalization, Autonomous Systems, Predictive Analytics & Decision Support, Conversational / Human Interaction, Patterns and Anomalies, Recognition, and Goal-Driven
Systems. AI Projects generally use one or more of these patterns to accomplish their objectives.
At this session, attendees will learn:
- how to successfully identify key problem areas that AI technologies can address,
- the seven primary adoption patterns for AI and cognitive technologies with use cases for each pattern,
- what an AI-enabled future looks like e\for innovative organizations,
- what iterative approaches are required for successful AI deployment.
2:35 Refreshment Break (Cityview Foyer & Harbor Level Atrium)
2:55 Doing AI Right: Best Practices in AI Project Management
Organizations are looking to put AI into practice, but the main challenge is that AI projects are not like typical application development projects. In this session, we will discuss best practices and approaches to manage AI projects, the data-centric
nature of AI solutions, and the specific requirements for particular AI implementation patterns. During the presentation we will share the Cognitive Project Management for AI (CPMAI) methodology which combines the best of Agile and CRISP-DM approaches,
address pitfalls to watch out for with AI adoption while addressing governance, transparency, and ethics concerns, and how to deal with emerging AI threats.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the details of the CPMAI methodology and will learn how its applications can accelerate AI projects while reducing risk. We’ll also detail how CPMAI relates to the implementation of the seven patterns.
Key topics discussed include:
- Data-centric vs. application-centric AI approaches
- from others: examples of AI projects at scale
- How to provide governance & transparency around AI, and how to establish an AI ethics process, while addressing compliance and regulatory issues around data use, privacy, and security.
- Addressing the pitfalls in AI adoption
- Dealing with AI threats and new vectors of attack
3:35 Interactive Roundtable on Actionable Next Steps for you and your Organization
This session will include an open discussion with industry practitioners to help provide you with the real insights and challenges you will need to succeed in your AI deployment projects. Discussion points include:
- Applications of the Seven Patterns of AI in the real world
- Discuss how to identity which AI pattern(s) to use to solve your particular problem and how each pattern or combo of patterns can be applied to all AI projects
- Review the “right questions” you need to ask and answer before starting an AI project
- Discuss how methodologies fit into implementation of the seven patterns to deliver highly reliable, scalable, performance AI project
4:10 Session Break
4:20 Plenary Keynote Panel (Harborview)
5:00 Grand Opening Reception in the Expo (Commonwealth Hall)
6:30 Attendee Roundtable Discussion & Meetup Groups
7:30 Close of Day