What to Expect at AI World 2018
Enterprise AI: from Innovation to Commercialization
AI World Conference and Expo is focused on the state of the practice of artificial intelligence in the enterprise. The 3-day conference and exposition are designed for business and technology executives who want to learn about innovative implementations
of AI in the enterprise through case studies and peer networking.
Enterprise organizations face conflicting priorities. Where do they turn to cut through the hype and determine how to prioritize AI technologies for their business? AI World is organized
around this singular goal, enabling business leaders to:
- Build a competitive advantage
- Drive new business models and opportunities
- Reduce operational costs
- Accelerate innovation efforts
AI World Executive Summit – hosted by IDC
Is your business ready for harnessing AI and intelligent technologies? How will AI impact your customers, partners, and employees? These big questions and many more are on the minds
of business leaders, CEOs, CMOs, CDOs, and CIOs. Held on the morning of the first day of the event, the AI World Executive Summit, led by IDC, provides business executives with a strategic look at the state of the practice in enterprise AI across
multiple vertical industries.
WORKSHOP: Deploying and Scaling Enterprise AI Systems
This unique half day workshop addresses how enterprises can learn from innovators’ proven processes and methodologies to ensure a successful enterprise
AI deployment strategy for a wide array of scalable applications.
SEMINAR: Enterprise Deep Learning & Reinforcement Learning
Learn about your AI options, who are the players, and what are the key technologies. Hear from world-class machine learning experts at Fortune 500 businesses that are
developing innovative enterprise applications today.
SEMINAR: AI in Personalized Medicine and Digital Health
AI aims to move medical treatment away from general, one-size-fits-all options to more personalized solutions. Learn more about the incredible amounts of information generated
through precision medicine, and the critical capabilities needed to analyze, store, normalize and trace that data.
Breakout Roundtable Discussions
Join AI World speakers and moderators in lively table topic discussions covering a variety of critical AI business and technology topics. An, informal, small group format allows participants to meet
potential collaborators, share examples from their own work, vet ideas with peers, and be part of a group problem-solving endeavor.
Insightful Keynote Speakers
Separating hype from reality: Implementing Enterprise AI
Practitioners: Lessons learned and best practices from both solution providers and enterprise AI leaders deliver critical insight based on their experiences planning, deploying, and iterating with machine learning in the workplace.
First-Mover Industries: Perspective from within the trenches on AI technology opportunities for vertical markets from Energy, FinTech, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and more. Identify which industries have the early-mover advantage and what
are the key indicators for AI market preparedness.
Visionaries: Investigate the future of enterprise AI with industry researchers, analysts, and business leaders. Prepare your organization for innovation and new business models.
Thought-Leader Conference Tracks
Implementing Enterprise AI
Artificial intelligence applications impact all business functions from HR and finance to R&D and sales. Real enterprise practitioners speak about methodologies and approaches to integrating machine
learning, deep learning and intelligent technologies into their line of business functions. Industry thought leadership is conveyed through use cases and innovative business strategies. Learn what works and what doesn’t.
Going from Big Data to AI
With data in-hand, machine learning aids in everything from cleaning datasets to managing multiple data sources to synthesizing data. With the help of machine learning, data can now be monetized. This track
identifies key business strategies for data monetization and steps to be taken to maximize the impact of AI technology interaction with Big Data.
AI and Real-Time IoT – Led by OMG and the Internet Industrial Consortium
Analyzing data from thousands or millions of IoT sensors in real-time is beyond the capability of humans. Smart buildings, energy markets, and factories
are all examples where AI is required in the deployment and operation of advanced IoT applications. The addition of intelligence and processing on small devices at the network edge also raises questions about IoT security. Attend sessions based on
how AI is becing successfully integrated into real time IoT implementations in various industries.
Emerging Technologies & the Future of AI
There is no shortage of opinions on the potential for AI technologies in business. However, the current round of solutions is often viewed as expensive, proprietary, and complex to deploy
and manage. When will AI solutions scale enterprise and industry-wide? Is it possible to measure ROI for automation? How does AI rank against other corporate initiatives?
The state of AI technology and its future is spoken here. From the development of neuromorphic chipsets to democratizing deep learning toolsets and from the next wave of machine vision, emotion, gestures, NLG, new algorithms, HPC and quantum computing
will all be shared by the industry’s best and brightest.
Strategic Business Functions and AI
Enterprise organizations have a range of core business operations able to utilize AI technologies, however, this one-size-fits-all functionality can be a non-starter for some industries. Whether
due to regulation, government oversight compliance, or unique requirements, these vertical markets may appear to be laggard adopters. Hear how these companies able to innovate using intelligent solutions within seemingly insurmountable restrictions.
AI in Pharma
Investment and the application of AI in the pharmaceutical industry is rapidly gaining momentum. Based on feedback from CII’s flagship Bio-IT World we bring together CEOs, CIOs, CTOs and Global AI, IT and Informatics
Experts from leading pharmaceutical and technology companies to give strategic and visionary talks based on use cases throughout the drug development pipeline.
AI in Healthcare
Artificial intelligence in the healthcare industry is predicted to save $150 billion annually for the US. As such, AI is being rapidly deployed in many areas of the healthcare landscape. This event will primarily
focus on the Providers, attracting CIOs, CTOs, IT and Informatics Experts along with senior Physicians and Clinicians from the leading US hospitals who will share their experiences of using AI in the clinical care and hospital operations environment.
Cognitive computing systems redefine the nature of the relationship between people and their increasingly pervasive digital environment. Who will build these new AI-on-board applications?
And with the proliferation of AI technologies in the workplace, foresight must be used to understand its implications for productivity, jobs, skills and employee development, but also issues related to ethics, safety and responsibility.
What You Will Learn
AI WORLD EXECUTIVE SUMMIT
- Half-day executive summit, hosted by IDC, provides attendees with a strategy on how to most effectively deploy AI across the enterprise.
- Where do you start with AI? What is the business case for infusing AI into your enterprise? How will AI impact your employees, customers and partners?
- Hear from leading enterprise executives how they are leveraging AI, machine learning, and intelligent technologies across their company.
AI IN PHARMA
- Hear visionary and strategic use cases from those heading up AI in the top pharma companies: Exclusive insight from Pfizer and Roche.
- Meet some of the most exciting AI startups who will be discussing the use of AI to disrupt drug discovery: Learn how to reduce time and costs and increase throughput.
- Listen to real-life practical implementation of AI in the translational and clinical environments: Merck, Pfizer and BMS share their experience.
- Redefining the regulatory landscape: Sanofi present lessons learned from their Proof-of-Concept pilot.
AI IN HEALTHCARE
- CIO’s, VPs, and Heads of IT/Informatics come together with senior physicians from the leading US hospitals to share their experiences of using AI in clinical care.
- How are organizations leveraging AI to drive operational intelligence? BWH, The MetroHealth System, and CVS Health join an interactive panel discussion.
- BlueCross BlueShield Association describe disruptive innovations for payer decision support while Blue Shield of California explain the benefits of their multi-channel chatbot strategy.
- Hear insights from VCs on novel technologies, promising start-ups, and how to break into the market.
WORKSHOP: ENTERPRISE DEEP LEARNING & REINFORCEMENT LEARNING
- Half-day workshop covering the state-of-the-market in enterprise deep learning.
- Learn about your AI options, who are the players, and what are the key technologies.
- Hear from world-class ML & DL experts who are developing innovative enterprise applications today.
WORKSHOP: INTELLIGENT ASSISTANTS & BOTS
- Half-day workshop covering the state-of-the-technology of Intelligent Assistants & Bots.
- Learn the reality of developing natural-language digital assistants.
- Get informed about the resources available to help you build the right application.
- Get insights into the trade-offs in varying approaches to Bot development.
- Hear from leading Bot software developers.
AI COMMUNITY NETWORKING
New England has a strong, thriving AI community. Several meetup groups will host co-located events at AI World. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Network with the industry’s best and brightest AI professionals at dedicated community networking events and meetups throughout the event.
- Utilize AI World 2018 networking tools for matchmaking with like-minded speakers, attendees, and sponsors.
- Get qualified leads & generate new business for your organization.
- Begin building your vertical industry channel strategy.
YOUR AI ACTION PLAN
- All conference attendees will receive a special report from IDC about the operating model for AI.
- The 3-day conference program is dedicated to helping your organization understand where to find the right business applications for AI and how to implement them.
- Learn from enterprise innovators how they are harnessing the power of AI.
- Set up your own meetings with speakers, attendees and sponsors using our networking tools to help you develop your own plan of action.
- Learn how innovative intelligent technologies can be used by your enterprise today.
- Hear how world class innovators are successfully automating business operations to drive revenue and reduce costs.
- Meet one-on-one with a variety of innovative AI and machine learning startups.
- Gain insights on lessons learned in piloting and deploying emerging technologies.
EMERGING AI TECHNOLOGIES
- Size-up machine learning and other software development and integration approaches to AI.
- Get a picture of the key interdependencies and important decisions that need to be made.
- Learn about the complete spectrum of ML, DL and intelligent based technologies.
- Attend programs on Intelligent Assistants, Deep Learning, Robotics, and much more!