AI WORLD SPECIAL EVENTS & EXPO PASS PACKAGE
Purchasing an AI World Expo Pass gains you access to 2 days of special events at the industry’s largest independent event focused on the state of the practice of AI and machine learning. Network with exhibitors and colleagues, attend workshops, special meet-up group events, product demonstrations and other special events with innovative enterprises, startups, investors and much more
Expo Pass Package Includes:
MONDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2017
8:25 Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
2:45-7:00PM AI World Expo Open
1:00-4:45PM Workshop: Building an Application Specific Intelligent Assistant
Led by William Meisel, President, TMA Associates
This is an intensive half-day workshop on the current state of the Intelligent Assistant/Bot market and presents an overview of the options available for developers of company-specific and application-specific intelligent assistants and bots and includes demos from leading software providers.
For complete program details, click here
4:45-5:15PM Networking Break in Exhibit Hall
5:15-5:45PM Open to All Attendees: General Session Panel Artificial Intelligence: Follow the Money
Moderator: Steve Ardire, AI Startup Advisor & ‘Merchant of Light’ Panelists: Rudina Seseri, Founder and Managing Partner, Glasswing Ventures — Diego Saenz, Managing Director, Accenture — Oliver Mitchell, Partner, Autonomy Ventures
5:45-7:00PM Networking Break in Exhibit Hall
AI Startup Lightning Round
Moderator: Steve Ardire, AI Startup Advisor & ‘Merchant of Light’
Expert Panel: Rudina Seseri, Founder and Managing Partner, Glasswing Ventures—Meredith McPherron, Angel Investor, Entrepreneur, Strategic Advisor — Clara Durodié, CEO & Founder, Cognitive Finance Group
Panelists: Vito Vishnepolsky, Head of Business Development NA, Clickworker.com – James Pita, Chief Technology Innovation Officer, Avata – Abhi Yadav, Founder/CEO, ZyloTech – Dr. Catriona Wallace, CEO & Founder, Flamingo AI – Mico Yuk, CEO & Co-Founder, BI Brainz – Tom Wilde, CEO, indico & William Wright, CEO / Founder of Synaptik
Panel: Demystifying AI
Moderator: Parna Sarkar-Basu, CEO, Brand and Buzz Marketing
Panelists: Tom Frost, President, Endeavor Robotics – Pranav Pasricha, CEO, Intellect SEEC – Gabi Zijderveld, CMO, Affectiva & Judith Hurwtiz, CEO, Hurwitz Group & Dan DeMichele, Vice President, Offering Management, IBM Watson Data Platform
The Convergence of AI and Life Sciences
Moderators: Matt Gross, Mobile Monday and David Ledbetter, Data Scientist, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles Panelists: Michelle Perugini, Co-Founder, Presagen – Karim Galil, Founder, Mendel AI, Nirmalya De, Head of Product, LifePod &Eric Luellen, CEO & Cofounder, Bioinformatix
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
12:20-6:15PM AI World Expo Open
1:30-5:00PM AI Strategy and Technology Solutions Theater (see schedule below)
4:25-4:45PM Practical AI Fueled by Big Data – What Does It Take to Build a Real-World AI Application Boyd Davis, CEO, Kogentix
4:50-5:10PM The Future of Conversational Experiences Ilya Gelfenbeyn, Product Lead, API.AI, Google
5:10-6:30PM Networking Reception in Exhibit Hall
Identifying the Best Use Cases for AI at Your Enterprise Moderator: Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
MLAI Meetup: Attack of the AI Startups
Moderator: Waikit Lau, Serial Entrepreneur, Advisor & Investor, MIT Panelists: Bonsai, Cyclops.io, Perceptive Automata, Fritz.ai
MIT Computer Science AI Lab Panel
Moderator: John Desmond, Editorial Director, Featured Author, AI Trends – Raul Castro Fernandez, Postdoctoral Associate, MIT CSAIL – – Manasi Vartak, PhD Student, MIT CSAIL – Jonas Mueller, Ph.D. Student, MIT CSAIL
AI Strategy & Technology Solutions Theater
These sessions on Tuesday, Dec 12 are included in your Expo Pass.
1:30pm Use Cases for AI and High Performance Computing
Moderator: Clint Wheelock, Managing Director, Tractica
– Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
– Dr. Rangan Sukumar, Senior Data Analytics Architect, Cray
– Jimmy D. Pike, Vice President and DellEMC Fellow, Senior System Architect, Office of the CTO, Dell ISG
The rapid emergence and adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) techniques like machine and deep learning are a wakeup call: AI will transform the technology landscape and touch almost every industry over the next 10 years, according to Tractica’s analysis. No domain of computing will escape the transformation, including high-performance computing (HPC). This session provides a timely deep dive into some of the real-world applications that are likely to benefit from this transformation.
Use cases highlighting how AI will augment supercomputing workloads include:
- Weather and Climate Modeling
- Precision Medicine for Cancer
- Fraud Detection
- Real-time Threat Analysis
- The diversity of applications and industries that are using AI with HPC.
- The unique characteristics of each use case in terms of the type and scale of data workloads.
2:20pm How Mobile Operators Can Enhance Their Business Model Using AI
Moderator: Dean Bubley, Managing Director, Disruptive Analysis
– Krishna Nimmagadda, President and a co-founder, Kogentix
– Wael William Diab, IIC Chair of the Technology Working Group, IIC Steering Committee Member and Senior Director at Huawei
During this session, Caroline Gabriel, a veteran telecommunications research executive who has followed the telecom industry for 30+ years, will share some new and original research on mobile operators and will discuss how they plan to use AI and machine learning to enhance their business models. The report focuses on investment plans, applications, timescales and expected impact on their business in the period to 2025.
The session will cover four main categories of AI usage among mobile operators:
- Network optimization and automation
- Big data analytics to support personalized services for consumers, and B2B services for advertisers and vertical industries
- Customer applications such as personal digital assistants or preventative maintenance
- Enhanced customer relationship management e.g. customer service chatbots
The session will examine each of these four categories including:
- Early trials and deployments and their commercial potential
- Enabling technologies, and timescales to be commercially viable
- Operators’ drivers and barriers to adopting AI
- The role of AI in the 5G era of networks and service models
The main discussion points include:
- How AI may improve the mobile operator’s role in the IoT value chain
- Will AI enable new service providers rather than helping old ones?
- How close are we to the fully ‘self-driving telco’s, and how will that affect mobile network economics?
3:10pm Panel: AI Technology Solutions in Fintech
Moderator: Denise Valentine, Senior Analyst, AITE Group
– Chris Belthoff, Director of Product Management, Financial Services, CognitiveScale
– Dr. Don Perugini, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Presagen
– Dr Catriona Wallace, CEO & Founder, Flamingo AI
AI has already begun making significant inroads into the many fintech sectors like banking, insurance, investment management, etc. Research shows that most banks will be using intelligent assistants and bots to handle a significant amount of customer service inquiries. For example, a recent survey conducted by Personetics shows that over three-quarters of financial institutions view chatbots as a viable commercial solution now or within the next 1-2 years. Fintech firms already have vast volumes of data, and are generating more each day. Today, technologies like specialized hardware, data analytics, machine learning and deep learning are already being used to either augment human tasks or beginning to replace them.
Attend this special event and hear from some of the leading AI firms that have deep experience and AI solutions in the financial services industry.
4:10pm Panel: Robotic Process Automation
Moderator: Judith Hurwitz, President, Hurwitz and Associates
– Francis Carden, VP, Robotics and Transformation, Pegasystems Inc.
– Boris Krumrey, Chief Robotics Officer, UiPath
– Mikhail Abramchyk, SVP Products, WorkFusion
Robotic process automation (RPA) is an emerging technology designed to automate manual processes through the creation of software robots to replace or supplement employees. Some vendors are employing AI to improve the accuracy of results. RPA enables the bots to capture, interpret, and execute processes such as invoicing data, customer and employee onboarding, or triggering an automated response. The benefits of RPA tools allow a business to cut costs, improve accuracy, and speed the process of linking enterprise software applications.
This session will be moderated by Judith Hurwitz, CEO, Hurwitz & Associates, a strategic consulting and analyst firm, and will include several RPA software providers who will discuss their specific software implementation and solutions.
5:00pm Networking Reception in Exhibit Hall thru 6:30pm