Wael William Diab
This session is open to all attendees and is included in our Expo Pass Package – click here for more info.
Moderator: Dean Bubley, Managing Director, Disruptive Analysis
– Krishna Nimmagadda, President and a co-founder, Kogentix
– Wael William Diab, IIC Chair of the Technology Working Group, IIC Steering Committee Member and Senior Director at Huawei
During this session, Caroline Gabriel, a veteran telecommunications research executive who has followed the telecom industry for 30+ years, will share some new and original research on mobile operators and will discuss how they plan to use AI and machine learning to enhance their business models. The report focuses on investment plans, applications, timescales and expected impact on their business in the period to 2025.
The session will cover four main categories of AI usage among mobile operators:
– Network optimization and automation
– Big data analytics to support personalized services for consumers, and B2B services for advertisers and vertical industries
– Customer applications such as personal digital assistants or preventative maintenance
– Enhanced customer relationship management e.g. customer service chatbots
The session will examine each of these four categories including:
– Early trials and deployments and their commercial potential
– Enabling technologies, and timescales to be commercially viable
– Operators’ drivers and barriers to adopting AI
– The role of AI in the 5G era of networks and service models
The main discussion points include:
– How AI may improve the mobile operator’s role in the IoT value chain
– Will AI enable new service providers rather than helping old ones?
– How close are we to the fully ‘self-driving telco’, and how will that affect mobile network economics?